SMTP Authentication allow mail server to authenticate and validate user
before allowing the remote connection to sendmail from the office's server.
This is to ensure that other people from the internet can't use your office bandwidth to send junk mail.
For Advanced User
-> Double-Click Outlook 2002
-> Tools -> E-mail Accounts
-> Select [ View or change existing e-mail accounts ] -> Click Next
-> Select your account -> Click Change
-> Click [ More Setting ]
-> Select [ Outgoing Server ]
-> Tick on [ My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication
-> Select [ Use same setting as my incoming mail server
-> Click [ OK ] -> Click Next -> Click Finish
-> Done ...
1. Launch Outlook 2002, this icon
2. Goto --> Tools --> E-mail Accounts
3. Select [ View or change existing e-mail accounts ] and click Next
4. Select your account and and click Change
5. Select [ More Setting ]
6. Select [ Outgoing Server ]
7. Tick on [ My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication
8. Select [ Use same setting as my incoming mail server
9. Click [ OK ]
10. Click Next and Finish.